Marketing Technologist with over fifteen years of progressive experience in website management, digital marketing, project management, and content management customization. Particular expertise in WordPress, website operations, social media management, creation and sales of digital products, and effective collaboration with entrepreneurs, content creators, copywriters, SEO experts, marketing specialists, and all other stakeholders, vendors, and clients.
- Digital Marketing
- Product Management
- Marketing Automation
- Website Design and Development
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Project Management
December 2013 – present
Limitless Publishing, LLC
Strategic direction and project management of two main company client websites with a focus on traffic, digital sales, and customer experience. Collaborated closely with CEO, supervised development and design contractors, hired and managed customer service, copywriters, and project management roles to align user experience goals and to continually launch new products and functionality.
- Created and launched digital sales outlets that currently generate annual revenue of more than $500K.
- Developed online education products that drive increased customer engagement with an online brand, including everything from initial educational design to set up of technology channels for delivery of content.
- Created and oversaw implementation of social media posts and engagement tactics based on the principles of neuro-linguistic programming using overlapping day-long, week-long, and month-long “loops” to increase social media engagement.
- Implemented a regular program of user testing that resulted in several major consumer-driven changes to website design and functionality.
December 2011 – present
Team Five, Inc.
Owner, Marketing Technology Consultant
Consultation on and implementation of websites, social media strategies, content management, and online revenue generation. Heavy emphasis on utilizing WordPress as the core framework, customization as needed, with use of additional sales channels and content delivery systems as needed.
- Specialized in part on site “rescues” – very short turnaround times on sites that had been completely broken by client or a previous contractor. For example, completely rebuilt online sales site and funnels from the ground up over the course of a three-day weekend in order to accommodate the client’s Today Show appearance on Monday.
- Created and maintained sales channels and cross-sells for a content creation client that resulted in a 1000% increase in sales via that channel over the course of a year.
- Increased efficiency of physical product deliveries via implementation of clear communication channels with an outsourced warehouse and automated integrations between warehouse and online sales cart.
Boise State University
BA in English, emphasis in Technical Communication
Share The Cooking
Co-founder and CTO
Along with one other co-founder, create an online system that allows people to find others near them with similar eating preferences to share/trade cooking duties. Currently in pre-beta testing.
Provide web development and SEO to the clients of Heavy Guerrilla marketing. Emphasis on WordPress and old-school HTML and CSS coding.
Proofread each new issue of the magazine prior to publication.
Wilderness Awareness School
Instructor and Camp Director
Teach primitive living skills in outdoor locations to youth ages 6 – 12.
- Web Analytics: Google Analytics
- Email & Marketing Automation: MailChimp, Mandrill, OntraPort, Aweber, Zapier
- Content Management: WordPress
- Design and Publishing: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat
- Project Management: TeamWork, BaseCamp, Slack
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest
I originally hired DeAnna just for a small WordPress customization project, and within a few months I had put her in charge of Project Management for several full-scale product launches. She is amazing at listening to my whole big picture scheme, and then breaking it down into exact systems to get the whole project accomplished. She develops systems that can be used on a wide range of products – making my organization more streamlined and scalable, and decreasing the time from idea to market significantly.
Her real gift is her willingness to say “Yes” to whatever I throw her way. I’ve had her do everything from content creation to writing code to recording voiceovers to hiring staff. She’s never hesitated to do it herself or figure out how to get it done, whatever it is. She’s fast, smart, responsive, knows how to communicate with everyone from the programmers to the customer service staff, and is committed to doing things correctly. I would recommend her without reservation.AJ Kumar
DeAnna Dailey is a joy to work with. She strikes a wonderful balance of being available and providing directions and tools needed to complete tasks for her, while also encouraging autonomy. She seems to have a sixth sense for when to provide support and when to allow space for growth and self-directed learning. She brings clarity to new and complicated concepts with efficiency and patience. She presents projects in manageable chunks. Her leadership is clearly thought out and maximizes resources and time, often streamlining procedures and making everyone’s job easier. She is professional and pleasant to work with. I have learned so much in my time working with her including valuable practical skills I can apply to my work, communication and efficiency.Izzy Eads
After a decade of trying to do everything in our small-business ourselves, I contracted with DeAnna to do a wildly diverse range of jobs from coaching to typical technical web-monkey stuff to creative field work shooting videos and much more for our non-traditional homemade media empire. She immediately made herself worth our money and our trust and proved to this stubborn indie-business owner that we could do our jobs exponentially better with her help, trusting her with jobs requiring a high degree of confidentiality.
One huge reason working with DeAnna is successful for me (and makes ME feel like a success) is her sensitivity to and tolerance of non-neurotypical behavior. When I communicate with DeAnna she allows me to focus my energy on WORK without making me feel like a weirdo if I get the social parts of interacting “wrong”. DeAnna recognizes and acknowledges many of my challenges, meets me where I’m at, and draws out the best parts of my brain. She’s patient and very smart in identifying and seeking clarification of what is most important, and never acts put out or thrown off by unusual requests or queries made at unusual times issued in unusual words or gestures – instead she is very straightforward in reducing confusion where there is any.
Her exceptional willingness, curiosity, precise (yet gentle) communication and skills make her a shiny, irreplaceable asset to work with.Trixie Fontaine